Re: [Condor-users] 6.8.8 in FC9

This time I've attached the attachment!
            Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruno Goncalves
Sent: 07 August 2008 15:32
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] 6.8.8 in FC9

Dear All,

I'm encountering some strange issues while installing 6.8.8 under FC9.
I used the condor-6.8.8-linux-x86-glibc23.tar.gz package and everything
went well during the instalation process, but when I try to start it, I
see:

[root@guru condor-6.8.8]# /usr/local/condor/sbin/condor_master
ERROR: the uid specified in CONDOR_IDS config file variable (501) does
not exist in your password information.
Please set CONDOR_IDS to the '.' seperated uid, gid pair that should be
used by condor.
[root@guru condor-6.8.8]#

Even though I have:

[root@guru ~]# grep 501 /etc/passwd
condor:x:501:501::/home/condor:/bin/bash
[root@guru ~]#

And:

[root@guru ~]# grep CONDOR_IDS /usr/local/condor/etc/condor_config
CONDOR_IDS=501.501
##  Note: the CONDOR_IDS setting is ignored on Win32 platforms
#CONDOR_IDS=x.x ##  you've set in the CONDOR_IDS environment variable.
See the Admin [root@guru ~]#

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Bruno

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk