[Condor-users] Condor, DRMAA & Java

Title: Condor, DRMAA & Java

Hello all,

I remember looking for a Java DRMAA binding for Condor some time ago and was dismayed at not finding one. It appears there was some interest in having Java DRMAA support since I was able to find a few messages from users inquiring about it. I have started a Sourceforge project (Condor-JDRMAA) to provide such a binding. The first release is simply a JNI based wrapper around the C implementation and works pretty well for simple cases, but has some problems with the submission and monitoring of array jobs. I'm currently working on a pure Java implementation for the next release. If anyone is interested in contributing, testing or providing feedback please have a look at the project at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/condor-jdrmaa/

For the JNI based port (as well as the DRMAA Java interfaces) I relied heavily on Dan Templeton's work explained here:

http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/porting_the_drmaa_java_language

-Victor