Re: [Condor-users] Can not use "condor_compile"

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:17:20AM +0800, tracy_luofengji wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have installed condor-6.8.8 on my machine, but when I used the "condor_compile" command, I was told:

You didn't tell us which package you have downloaded and installed.
If I remember correctly, you're running Ubuntu? (which release?)

> This version of Condor does not support checkpointing and remote
> system calls on this platform.  You may only submit "vanilla" jobs.
> Therefore, you do not need to use condor_compile.  In fact,
> condor_compile can't work, since there are no libraries to re-link
> your job with.  Please see the Condor Manual for details, which can be
> found at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual.
>
> I have spent several days on this problem, but I have not found the solution yet. I hope I can get some advice from you.

For recent versions of Debian and derived distros, there is not full
support yet. Standard universe requires interaction with the system's
glibc at a quite low level, and has to be adjusted for each and every
glibc version around individually.

Ubuntu didn't make it into the "first class" crowd...

Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am M�erg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/
* e-mail: steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de * +49-331-567-{fon:7233,fax:7298}
No Word/PPT mails - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html