[Condor-users] Condor Amazon EC2 VM jobs

Title: Condor Amazon EC2 VM jobs

Hello All,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

I was able to get condor amazon ec2 jobs working in Condor 7.2.0 - but only after I made changes in condor_amazon code; I added soap_ssl_client_context with capath set. I was able to start and stop VM's in EC2 through Condor.

I was not able to get it working out of the box, without any code changes. It fails with "SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed". Looks like amazon_gahp/gSOAP could not verify EC2 certificate issued by VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA.

Is there a special directory that gSOAP/amazon_gahp expect CA certificates to be present? Or is there any configuration parameter that can be set?

One more issue seems to be with proxy. amazon_gahp currently takes only proxy host and port. It does not accept proxy username and password. Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks,
Sateesh

www.wipro.com