Re: [Condor-users] Third-party file staging with Condor-G

On Feb 1, 2008, at 2:36 AM, Jan Ploski wrote:

For those who wish to use Condor primarily as a Grid
(meta)scheduler, I see two show-stoppers right now:
1) this third-party transfer feature
2) proxy renewal (and forwarding to the running job) for GT4

Condor does proxy renewal for GT4 GRAM jobs. If you're not seeing this, please report it as a bug.

You can fake it by disabling all Condor-managed file transfer in your
submit file and adding your own transfer directives like so:

transfer_executable = false
transfer_input = false
transfer_output = false
transfer_error = false
remote_initialdir = <somewhere>
should_transfer_files = NO
globus_xml = <file staging directives>

This requires you to do your own credential delegation for the
transfers.

OK, so the credential delegation would have to happen, for example, in a PRE script of a DAG, which would give me the id that I need to reference
in globus_xml, right?

Correct.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey