Re: [Condor-users] Separate machine roles in Condor

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 01:18:17PM +0300, Pavel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> While source codes of Condor 7.0.0 is now available, is there any possibility to compile different machine roles separately? For example, can I build execution machine only for Windows or Linux platforms? And what/how should I do after compilation (create windows services/ linux daemons and so on)?
>
> Another question is what for there are files like condor_negotiator and condor_collector in the "condor\bin" directory for Windows installation?

I think you should spend some time reading the Condor manual or other
publications before trying to proceed. I think your first question is
trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist.

I'd recommend either the manual, or the overview of Condor from the
"Buidling a Beowulf" book:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/doc/beowulf-chapter-rev1.pdf

-Erik