[Condor-users] Condor Webservice spool cleanup

Tessella Ref: NPD/5350/PR/ICSC/2008FEB07/15:11:05

Hello Condor Users,

We have a condor setup about to go into production on a customer site. We've been in testing for a couple months and everything seems to be going well except we have about 100,000+ files that have build up in the spool directory of our condor host machines. Our condor jobs are being submitted via the webservice into the java universe and are running properly. After the jobs have completed and sometimes a little before we are calling the birdbath libraries with the following commands.

            Schedd schedd = new Schedd(new URL(IP));
            Transaction xact = schedd.createTransaction();
            xact.begin(30);
            // Clean up job
            xact.closeSpool(cluster, job);
            xact.removeJob(cluster, job, "Finished with job");
            xact.commit();

The jobs are actually beginning removed from the queue, but they are not being deleted from the spool. Not only that, but I can't delete any of the files/folders in the spool via condor_preen or by hand unless I have restarted condor since they've been removed. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Or have any ideas about how we can clean up these files? Our condors' version is 6.8.6 and we are running them on Windows Server 2003.

Thanks,
Josh

This message is commercial in confidence and may be privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately.  Please note that messages sent or received by the Tessella e-mail system may be monitored and stored in an information retrieval system.

TESSELLA   Joshua.Chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxx
__/__/__/  Tessella Inc
__/__/__/   233 Needham Street, Suite 300, Newton, MA 02464, USA
__/__/__/  www.tessella.com
Tel: (1) 617.454.1220  Fax: (1) 617.454.1001