Re: [Condor-users] Using a machine ad value in a deferral_time line?

> Sadly, the machine ad isn't considered when the job deferral
> attributes are evaluated. It appears we didn't consider a
> user wanting to do this.

Users are a wiley bunch. We do all kinds of crazy, unexpected things. :)

> Here's a hack to do what you want, though:
> deferral_time = (CurrentTime +
> int("$$(ALTERA_EARLY_PREEMPTION_TIME)")
> + 1)
>
> The $$(...) gets substituted with the appropriate machine ad
> attribute value at match time, but it can only be used inside
> strings. So we use the int() function to convert the string
> into an integer for use in the expression.

Very cool that there's a workaround. Thanks! I'll give it a go.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.