Re: [Condor-users] condor requirement

> How can I identify the different flavor of Operating System in condor
requirement.

I advertise custom MyOperatingSystem and MyArchitecture tags on each of
my machines that help slice up my pool by very specific operating system
identifier strings. It's more work to set up but it's more flexible and
easier to match than the CondorPlatform string. You have to remember to
publish your custom attributes for the machine. So:

MyOperatingSystem = "RHEL-4.0"
MyArchitecture = "AMD64"

STARTD_EXPRS = MyOperatingSystem, MyArchitecture

And then in my submit files:

Requirements = Target.Archh =!= UNDEFINED && Target.OpSys =!= UNDEFINED
&& MyOperatingSystem == "RHEL-4.0" && MyArchitecture == "AMD64"

Adjust to suit your needs.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.