Re: [Condor-users] Who do I write for the source code?

On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Ian Chesal wrote:

Why isn't the source code for this project readily available without
having to ask for it?
I package software for 64bit Slackware/NetBSD systems, and the way the
binaries are
laid out, they would break our systems. Since when does an open source
system only
provide binaries?

In defense of the Condor team here: Condor isn't open source. It's free,
but not open source. Not all free software is open source software.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/license.html says:

Starting with version 6.9.5, Condor is released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

which is an open source license according to OSI (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical ).

I remember hearing from some of the developers that the source would be available soon, but I guess it's not a priority for the team.

i.