Re: [Condor-users] Condor and GPUs

> Another question that will help me form a response to your
> very thoughtful and useful input . What are your thoughts
> about time limits on the execution. In other words, if a jobs
> says "I need 4 cores and 2.5 G of memory and  7.3 M of
> network bandwidth" will it also say "for 2 hours"? If does,
> what are you going to do if the jobs uses more or less than 2 hours?

For all the same reasons Steffen mentioned I don't think I'd want my
users to have to try to guess how long their jobs will run for. Either
wall clock or cycles.

We do allow our users to set a run time limit when they submit clusters
through our interface if they desire. And we have cron jobs that monitor
active jobs and warn users when they're nearing their run time limit.
And that is plenty sufficient for policing for us. It's a rare thing to
see a run away job.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.