Re: [Condor-users] passing flags to an executable

Pau wrote:
Hi,

I have a programme which accepts flags, such as setting a random seed.

When I try, in my submission file to do something like

executable = blabla -flag 1 -flag 2

condor cannot start the runs, it breaks.

What error do you get?

I thought that the best would be to write a script, where I have

#!/bin/sh
blabla -flag 1 -flag 2

and then

executable = script.sh

but, of course, condor_submit complains about linkage... I guess I
should compile sh and link it to condor... but it doens't look like
the optimal solution

Have you had this problem? And, if so, how do you do it?

Just wondering have you tried specifying the arguments property in the submit file? You can put -flag 1 etc in this.

thanks,

Pau