Re: [Condor-users] jobs don't run in parallel when submited using condor_submit

Yogesh Aher wrote:
Hello All..!!

I have similar problem.. I'm trying to implement the parallel universe in
condor 7.0.1. I did the insertions in condor_config.local file of
DedicatedScheduler (which is not a central manager) as well as in the
resource machines as said in the manual, but the jobs remain idle.. Do I
need to make some modifications in Central-manager also?

What, precisely, is the problem? Do jobs not run at all? The key thing for the dedicated schedule is that the DedicatedScheduler attribute of the startd match the name of the schedd. To verify this, run

condor_status -format "%s " name -format "%s\n" DedicatedScheduler

This will tell you the value of the DedicatedScheduler attribute for each of your startds. These should match the name field of the schedd:

condor_status -schedd -format "%s\n" name

-Greg