[Condor-users] configure/install scripts

I am trying to use the configure/install scripts for condor ver. 7.0.4 under RH 5 running perl v. 5.8.8 and I am encountering bizarre problems - basically the scripts don't recognize the options I pass as --install or --prefix - debugging this, the problem seems to stem from incorrect functioning of either `pwd` or chomp().

I've tried to edit the scripts to get around this, but they just keep failing in other places - is there a known solution? thanks,

Rok