Re: [Condor-users] Help needed in using job_lease_duration

job_lease_duration deals with how long the the lease is for a given job, and leases are renewed so long as the submitter and execute node are in contact. In your situation, the job_lease_duration would only cause the job to be killed if the execute machine looses contact with the submitter for longer than job_lease_duration and the job doesn't complete. Here's more information on job leases:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.1/2_15Special_Environment.html#6012

You probably want to use periodic_remove in either your job submit file (if the limitation is specific to that specific job) or SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE as a configuration parameter for schedd in condor_config if this restraint is meant to be for all jobs.

Job:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.1/condor_submit.html

Schedd:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.1/3_3Configuration.html

Rob

Lakshmi Narayanan wrote:
Hi Rob,

I am trying to run a vanilla universe job. I have set the job_lease_duration to 120 sec. But the job is running for more than 10 mins.
Following is my job submit file

#!/bin/bash

rm rnd_job.error.* rnd_job.output.* rnd_job.log
rm rnd_job.input.*
php arrange.php

condor_status
date
condor_submit <<EOT
Universe                = vanilla
Executable              = /usr/local/bin/php
Arguments = findexectime.php input_jobs.php rnd_job.input.\$(Process).php
Output                  = rnd_job.output.\$(Process)
Error                   = rnd_job.error.\$(Process)
Log                     = rnd_job.log
Transfer_input_files = findexectime.php,input_jobs.php,rnd_job.input.\$(Process).php
Should_transfer_files   = YES
When_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
job_lease_duration      = 120
Queue $1