Re: [Condor-users] Monitoring remote job progress

Hi Javier,

Something that we did and was quite simple to implement to show progress is creating a separate script process before the job start and periodically inspect the content of the output files. The calculated progress message than can be reported back to either the job database using a custom attribute (or just as a message into the job's log file) using chirp or directly to your own monitor software.

Cheers,
Szabolcs

Javier Forment Millet wrote:
Hi, all...

I'm running long-time processes in a Condor cluster. These processes write
output files which can be inspected to estimate the final total execution time
of the process.

Is there any way to see these files before the end of the process without
logging to the execution nodes? (something like a Condor variable in the
process configuration file requesting the transfer of yet incomplete output
files).

Thanks in advance,

Javier.