[Condor-users] Create dir hierarchy for job output files?

Hi everyone,

as recommended, we're using local disk storage for job output, error, and
log files, and specify corresponding paths in the submit file, using
/scratch/<user>/output.$(Process) (etc., with <user> substituted with the
real account name) expressions.
Every now and then, a scratch disk has to be replaced after a disk failure,
which means that the user cannot rely on the directory structure being there
on all nodes anymore.
Is it feasible to create the underlying directory hierarchy if necessary?
Since the job would fail in the starter stage, there's no opportunity to
do this in a wrapper script (which wouldn't run).
Perhaps a new command for the submit file? (along the lines of
'pre-run="mkdir -p /scratch/me"', or 'createpath=True')
Perhaps something that's already there (and for some reason, invisible to
me)?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/