[Condor-users] History data job not stored in Quill 7.0.3

Dear all,

We have a Linux cluster and we would like to use Quill not only for manage running jobs but also for historical data, in order to made some usage statistics.

First of all, we noticed that in the Quill documentation there is a small lack. In the config file of the machine running the Quill daemon it is necessary to add this configuration variable

QUILL_ARGS = -f

Quill and Sched daemon are running on the same machine. We installed and configured Quill as here http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/3_11Quill.html#SECTION004111000000000000000

with these three modifications:

QUILL_ARGS = -f

# If Quill is enabled, by default it will only mirror the current job
# queue into the database. For historical jobs, and classads from other
# sources, the SQL Log must be enabled.
QUILL_USE_SQL_LOG = TRUE

# Add debugging flags to here if you need to debug quill for some reason.
QUILL_DEBUG = D_FULLDEBUG

Having a look on the quill database, we can observe that the tables regarding jobs running and compute nodes are populated correctly. But nothing is inserted in the tables jobs_horizontal_history and jobs_vertical_history. As we have enabled the debug log for quill, we have a look on QuillLog file and there is never an SQL COMMAND like "INSERT INTO jobs_horizontal(vertical)_history".

As expected:
[root@ditexsrv5 log]# condor_history

-- Quill: grid_dit_quill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx : <ditexsrv5.epfl.ch:5432> : grid_dit_db
ID      OWNER            SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST   COMPLETED CMD
No historical jobs in the database match your query

We also try to set to TRUE the two following config variables
SCHEDD.QUILL_USE_SQL_LOG = TRUE
STARTD.QUILL_USE_SQL_LOG = TRUE

but with no impact.

Do we miss some config variables?

Thanks,
Michela

Dr Michela Thiémard
EPFL AI DIT-EX
MA B0 509 (Bât. MA)
Case Postale 121                      tél : +41 21 693 22 13
CH - 1015 Lausanne                 e-mail : michela.thiemard@xxxxxxx