Re: [Condor-users] Quick question

On Mar 10, 2008, at 5:13 AM, Malcolm Wilkins wrote:

A quick question: within the submit file, when defining the path to the executable, is there any way to refer to an environment variable that exists on the execution host, as opposed to the submit host? I want to execute an application that installs to different locations on Vista and XP hosts, and which sets an environment variable to indicate its install location. I realize I could call it through a wrapper script to handle the OS version detection, but I would prefer to call it directly if possible using the environment variable.

There's no way to do what you're looking for without using a wrapper script.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison Condor Team