[Condor-users] Condor Week 2008: Registration and Preliminary Agenda

Hello!

===== Registration =====
Registration for Condor Week 2008 is open. You can navigate to it from the main Condor Week 2008 page at <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/CondorWeek2008/ >, or go directly to the registration page at:

https://wisccharge.wisc.edu/condor/condor2008.html

===== Agenda & Speakers =====
We have a preliminary agenda for Condor Week 2008 available online:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/CondorWeek2008/preliminary_condor_agenda.html

We are still looking for speakers to talk about their experiences with Condor. Interested? Let us know! You can email Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx > and Miron Livny <miron@xxxxxxxxxxx> if you are interested in speaking.

===== More Information =====
More information will be on the following web page, as it becomes available.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/CondorWeek2008/

===== Consultations =====
We're going to try something new this year, to give people a chance to get direct help from a member of the Condor Team.

If you have a question or problem with Condor, and you would like to speak with someone from 30-60 minutes about it, contact Alain Roy and Greg Thain. Let us know what your question is in advance of Paradyn/ Condor Week, and we will find an appropriate person on staff that can answer your question during the conference. We will set up a short meeting for you to talk to that person, and get all the details you might hope for. We may be able to provide limited hands-on debugging if you are able to access your Condor pool remotely.

We realize that problems you have now may need to be solved before Condor Week, but keep this in mind as the date approaches. We often find one-on-one interaction to be a great way to solve involved problems.

Contacts for consultations:
Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>

===== Tutorials =====
We are considering adding some advanced tutorials, perhaps hands-on tutorials. We've got some ideas already, but if you have any ideas for
tutorials you would benefit from, do let us know.

===== First Annual NMI Build and Test Workshop =====
In conjunction with Condor Week, we will hold the first annual NMI Build and Test Workshop on Tuesday, April 29th. The workshop will consist of a dedicated track of tutorials and talks by users and developers on automating software build and test processes, as well as information about the Metronome software and the NMI build and testfacility at UW-MAdison, and discussion about the build and test needs of NSF projects and collaborators in general.

Thanks!
Alain Roy