Re: [Condor-users] condor_off -master command not properly working

On Mar 20, 2008, at 1:48 AM, JohnsonKoilraj wrote:
   When  I use the condor_off -master command in one of my condor pool system but it seems to be not killing any daemon but it is still running I can check it out by (ps -Aef | grep condor) command.

condor_off -master command is correctly working in another system

pls tell why it was not killing all daemons in that system....

The machine/user running condor_off must have ADMINISTRATOR-level access for the command to work. Otherwise, the master daemon will ignore it. You should see a 'permission denied' message in the master's log. Condor_off doesn't return an error if the master decides to ignore it.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison Condor Team