Re: [Condor-users] Standard universe on OS X

Hi,

Just a quick question about the darwin port of Condor.

Does it support the standard universe.

No, the Mac OS X (darwin) port of Condor doesn't support standard universe.

The 7.0.1 manual doesn't
specify that the darwin port of Condor doesn't the standard universe,
but the pre-compiled binaries don't include it. Is it possible to
compile condor from source to get the standard universe operating on
OS X?

Standard universe is tricky to implement, so it's not a matter of recompiling, but a matter of porting. If you like getting down and dirty with low-level system code, it might be fun, but I imagine it will take a while to implement too.

I don't know much about the complexities of implementing standard universe, so I can't give you any specific guidance, sorry.

-alain