[Condor-users] ERROR: Failed to set Owner="<username>" for job <job ID> (13)

Hello all,

  I'm a new user who is trying to get up to speed on a number of grid
computing programs including Condor.  I'm trying to submit a very
simple job, but getting an error message that condor has failed to set
the owner and failed to queue the job.  (I think I understand the
warning about saving the log file on NFS, although not why that is a
problem).

  Here is the output when I try to submit a job:

[seangwm@babargt4 ~]$ condor_submit test.sdf
Submitting job(s)
WARNING: Log file /hepuser/seangwm/test.log is on NFS.
This could cause log file corruption and is _not_ recommended.

ERROR: Failed to set Owner="seangwm" for job 5110.0 (13)

ERROR: Failed to queue job.

[seangwm@babargt4 ~]$ condor_status

Name          OpSys       Arch   State      Activity   LoadAv Mem
ActvtyTime

calliope.phys LINUX       INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle       [???]  [??]
0+00:01:11
mercury2.uvic LINUX       INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle       [???]  [??]
0+00:01:00

                     Total Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting
Backfill

         INTEL/LINUX     2     0       0         2       0          0
     0

               Total     2     0       0         2       0          0
     0

  That is the end of the output.

  Here is my submit description file:

####################
# First Test of Condor Submit Description Files
# Waits 30 seconds, then runs several shell commands
####################

Executable = test.sh
Input = condor.in
Output = condor.out
Error = condor.err
Log = test.log
Initialdir =
Queue

  I've checked the archives and man pages and haven't found anything
particularily helpful.  Does one of the veterans here have any ideas?

Thanks,

Sean Manning