Re: [Condor-users] 2 questions about the condor scheduler

On Nov 6, 2008, at 6:22 PM, Mohamed Salah Meddeb wrote:
Hello Mr Alain Roy,

I would like to thank you for your answers and opinions and I'm going to explain a little bit more my needs, by the way I said before about the DH video coding, I'm in need of the real time constraint to establish a real time video coding such as HDTV over the internet (ADSL) Having a RAW video stream as input (frame by frame, 30 frame/s) I need to distribute these frames to the available workers in order to code them, but this distribution and coding must be in real time i.e when collecting the results from workers, idle time must be equal to 0 second (ideal or optimal case). Having a RAW video stream as input (frame by frame, 30 frame/ s) I need to distribute these frames to the available workers in order to code them, but this distribution and coding must be in real time i.e when collecting the results from workers, idle time must be equal to 0 second (ideal or optimal case).

For the MW it looks a very interesting idea, but I don’t know if it can resolve my problem using it because I don’t have enough information and technical details about it, I will see the link and I hope that could be a solution Finally, I would like to thank you again for your assistance and help, looking forward to your answer

If you really need near 0 idle time, you're better off with Master Worker, and I encourage you to explore the details at that link.

-alain

Alain Roy                                         roy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Condor Project                      http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor