[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Site-wide want_remote_io=false possible?
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:28:20 +0100
- From: Carsten Aulbert <carsten.aulbert@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] Site-wide want_remote_io=false possible?
brief questions around want_remote_io:
(1) Is it possible to enable this site-wide, e.g. change the default
setting to False. I guess it is but so far I have failed to find that,
how can that be done?
(2) On our system users have their home file system under NFS and then
can also use a local directory which is also automountable via NFS. Does
the user need to avoid writing to the local disk under all circumstances
when want_remote_io is set to false?
The reason why we want to disable that is that our submit machines are
under very heavy load when large standard usinverse jobs are run and we
suspect remote io playing a key role here.
Thanks in advance
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Phone/Fax: +49 511 762-17185 / -17193
http://www.top500.org/system/9234 | http://www.top500.org/connfam/6/list/31