[Condor-users] The submitting PC suffers power failure and running jobs

Dear all,
First, many thanks for previous advice.

I have an issue where it appears that the submitter PC needs to be on
permanently during the whole duration of the run.

I'm running in Windows in the vanilla universe with jobs that, if
suspended or preempted, will restart from the beginning. Therefore I
completely disallow all preempts/suspends which is no problem.

However, I've noticed that when a submitter PC is powered off or crashes
and has to be restarted, any jobs that have been submitted from this but
not yet started (I) will not begin until the submitter is back online.
Also that sometimes, though not always, jobs that are currently active
(r) will stop and restart from the beginning.

I can imagine that starting jobs that haven't yet started may require
the submitter pc to be on, but I'm surprised that already running jobs
occasionally fail. Is this usual?

Best Regards,
Rob

HR Wallingford uses Faxes and Emails for confidential and
legally privileged business communications.  They do not of
themselves create legal commitments.  Disclosure to parties
other than addressees requires our specific consent.  We are
not liable for unauthorised disclosures nor reliance upon them.
If you have received this message in error please advise us
immediately and destroy all copies of it.

HR Wallingford Limited
Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BA, UK
Registered in England  No. 02562099