[Condor-users] Jobs License Management

Hi all,

We are using Condor in a pool where the master node is Linux based and all the executors are Windows based.
We have several third-party applications that could run in batch but they need licenses available for the jobs.
Interactive sessions could also checkout the licenses and therefore they will compete with the jobs for these licenses.
I have read the Condor Technical Document "Managing Jobs That Use Licenses With Condor" (Draft, As of August, 2008, still a draft),
however the "Assign Licenses to Machines" method in our case is not applicable,
and the "Have Jobs Restart" seems to be one way that could attend our today needs,
but as a novice Condor user I have not understood how it is implemented.

Could anyone share how to implement this method to manage jobs that use Flexlm licenses (e.g.)?
Both methods using DagMan and without its use, will be appreciated.
Please share the examples of the scripts and submit files.
Don't worry about scripting languages. I can translate them to windows compatible scripting languages.

Could anyone help me to get it working?

Are there other methods?

I have also read in the Condor Users mailing list archive that there are plans to have license management as a Condor feature and that it would be out in the version 6.9.x development series (03 Aug 2005).
Could anyone update the planned deployment date of this feature?

Thanks, Klaus

This message is intended solely for the use of its addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the addressee you should not distribute, copy or file this message. In this case, please notify the sender and destroy its contents immediately.
Esta mensagem é para uso exclusivo de seu destinatário e pode conter informações privilegiadas e confidenciais. Se você não é o destinatário não deve distribuir, copiar ou arquivar a mensagem. Neste caso, por favor, notifique o remetente da mesma e destrua imediatamente a mensagem.