Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Sun Java application server - Real solution

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Sergio Chavarria
<sergio.chavarria@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, im new with condor, and i am looking for a solution to my problem. I
> have a sun application server with a lot of heavy applications. I am
> experienced a lot of memory and cpu problems. I have a server with 6 GB
> memory and 2 xeon processor and its not enough. I was thinking in a solution
> to balance my load in all my pc's and i was wondering if condor could be a
> solution for that kinds of problems. Please give a tip if i am in the right
> way or if all you have another suggestion

Condor is not a dynamic load balancer, nor a good platform on which to base one.

If you are running within a java container your container should
provide this functionality (all the decent ones do, even the free
ones, though you might need to pay more/upgrade for some). If you
simply run multiple independent applications on one box move some of
the apps to other boxes as you think will best distribute the load
(you are best placed to make the decision on which to move)

Matt