Re: [Condor-users] How to combine SGE and Condor under the same submit system?

Why not use Condor for both? You can use Condor's Parallel Universe for your MPI jobs.

Best,

matt

Atle Rudshaug wrote:
Hi!

I want to combine a dedicated cluster and the office workstations into a grid like system. I want large mpi jobs to run on a Rocks cluster (which uses SGE) and smaller (mpi and non-mpi) jobs to run on available SMP workstations (using some technique for cycle scavenging with checkpointing and migration).

AFAIK Condor is better for cycle scavenging and checkpointing/migration. Is there a way to combine SGE (for the cluster mpi jobs) and Condor (for cycle scavenging on the workstations) under the same submit system (GridWay? Condor-G? Condor-C?)? Or can SGE be used for the workstation cycle scavenging, from the already up and running Rocks cluster, as well?

- Atle