Re: [Condor-users] dagman single quote error

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Frédéric Bastien wrote:

I have a dagman error in the file *.dagman.out:
[...]
9/4 13:29:15 Parsing dag.condor.dag ...
9/4 13:29:15 dag.condor.dag
(line 2): sinqle quotes are not allowed in values.
[...]
The dag.condor.dag file contain:

VARS 0 args="myecho '1'"

Is their a way to escape the single quote so that we make it work? The
dagman section of the condor manual and in the man page of
condor_submit_dag talk only about double quote but not about single
quote. Not being able to pass single quote their will cause me more
trouble. The only reason I use dagman it to limit the concurrent
number of jobs in my jobs array.

Unfortunately, there's no way to get a single quote into a DAGMan VARS
value.  You can put in double-quotes by escaping them:

    VARS 0 args="myecho \"1\""

if that doesn you any good.

I've created a problem report for this -- in general, there should be more flexibility in the VARS values.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team