[Condor-users] high availability question

hey all,
im trying to confirm whether the high availability behavior i've observed is expected -

I have a central manager high availability setup going, following the example configuration (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.1/3_10High_Availability.html section 3.10.2.4). On both the active central manager and backup central manager i can do condor_status (in particular condor_status -any) to get the current cluster state. I can also run condor_status -any on the (one) other machine in the cluster (scheduler). condor_status shows the HAD daemons (and backup machine daemons).

When i disconnect the first central manager, the second picks up the negotiator, and the user priorities, so no problems there. At this point when I run condor_status -any the command blocks unless i specify the 2nd central manager explicitly (via -pool). Same goes for condor_submit and condor_q. When the first central manager comes back, it all works fine again (without -pool). Is this the expected behavior?

thanks,
-justin