Re: [Condor-users] java machines with > 2gb

I share your surprise that it hasn't been fixed after 5+ years, especially
now that machines with 2+gb of RAM are not really extraordinary.  Condor
team: are there any plans to fix this?

I'll probably wind up following suit and reverting to the vanilla universe.
We have a mixed linux/windows pool, so I'm assuming I'll need to write two
bootstrap scripts named with the appropriate magic so that I can write the
submit file to use the correct one based on target machine's architecture.
Is there any way that I can get around having to make sure Java is installed
in the same place on all of the machines of the same architecture (and then
hardcoding that path into the bootstrapping scripts)?

Michael