Re: [Condor-users] java machines with > 2gb

We're getting closer.

> the OS and a few other factors, so you may have to experiment to find
> the largest "safe" value.

This turned out to be the problem for our 32-bit Windows machines.  At first
we obediently did exactly what the manual said (1906m, I think), and that
didn't work, but 1g did work.  This got our Windows machines and several
linux machines happily on the pool.

However, our 64-bit linux workhorses are still being stubborn.  I have used
the 1g limit, and it's still not happy.  Here's what I'm seeing:

[root@pogo1 ~]# condor_status -direct pogo1 -java

[root@pogo1 ~]# /opt/condor-7.0.1/sbin/condor_starter -classad
CondorVersion = "$CondorVersion: 7.0.1 Feb 26 2008 BuildID: 76180 $"
IsDaemonCore = True
HasFileTransfer = True
HasPerFileEncryption = True
HasReconnect = True
HasMPI = True
HasTDP = True
HasJobDeferral = True
HasJICLocalConfig = True
HasJICLocalStdin = True
JavaVendor = "Sun Microsystems Inc."
JavaVersion = "1.6.0_06"
JavaMFlops = 490.212616
HasJava = True
HasVM = True

So, invoking condor_starter directly, it seems to be happy with the Java
stuff, but the machine still does not show up in condor_status -java (it
does show up in regular condor_status).

Any ideas?

Michael