[Condor-users] (no subject)

Hi all,

I wanted to ask for some advice about executables when you are NOT
sharing filesystems. I'm bringing up a condor cluster, using student
lab machines, that won't have user accounts on them, nor shared
application directories.

I was wondering how complex executables are transported to the
anonymous machine.

e.g.  bioperl has a great many dependencies, and is a complex install.
Do you have to transfer all of the libraries, etc.?
This sounds like a problem as it's generally won't work without
everything being in the same directories as the original install.

What do you transfer to one of the anonymous worker bees?
I guess, statically linked stuff would work, but not all applications
have that option.

Cheers, Gary
Gary Orser
Department of Microbiology