[Condor-users] disk space on file server fills up and condor drops the complete output

Dear group,
I have an occasional problem that shows only when the network drive a user is working from fills up:

The user submits his job into the vanilla universe from a network drive mounted on windows
A condor server transfers files to its local drive to begin processing
While the job is running the network drive fills up
The job finishes and condor tries to transfer the results back to this network recourse.
This fails due to lack of space, but during this attempted copy it still deletes the original files from the condor server.

Currently I take backups of /condor/execute fairly regularly throughout the day. However if this problem occurs at the beginning of the weekend we can lose two days of running time.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Do you know of a workaround or fix for it?

Many thanks for reading,
Rob Stevenson - Systems Administrator
IS Services

HR Wallingford Ltd
Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 8BA, United Kingdom
e: r.stevenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
t: +44 (0) 1491 822472 (direct), +44 (0) 1491 835381 (switchboard)
f: +44 (0) 1491 825483 (direct), +44 (0) 1491 832233 (general)
www.hrwallingford.co.uk

HR Wallingford uses Faxes and Emails for confidential and
legally privileged business communications. They do not of
themselves create legal commitments. Disclosure to parties
other than addressees requires our specific consent. We are
not liable for unauthorised disclosures nor reliance upon them.
If you have received this message in error please advise us
immediately and destroy all copies of it.

HR Wallingford Limited
Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BA, UK
Registered in England No. 02562099