[Condor-users] Still having Condorview issues with Job Statisics

OK, more testing indicates that conclusion 1. in the previous
email below is incorrect. Our latest testing involved running
wireshark on the submit PC and on the condorview server. We checked
the UDP packet info leaving the submit PC (this goes to the
central manager/s). We then checked the UDP packet info
arriving at the condorview server, which has been forwarded
by the central manager/s.

A) the UDP packet info sent by the submit machine is the same
as that received by the condorview server.

B) in all cases the running, idle, and flocked jobs info reflected
reality, as seen by condor_q and condor_status.

C) the CM the submit PC belonged to was always sent UDP packet
info that showed jobs running whereas the other CMs reported them
as flocked, it didn't matter where the actual jobs were running.
i.e. submit machine in pool A with say 100 jobs (50 idle jobs,
25 jobs running in pool A and 25 running in pool B) would report
to CM A 50 idle, 50 running, 0 flocked and report to CM B 50 idle,
0 running, 50 flocked. CM's A and B would then forward these UDP
updates to the condorview server.

D) the graphical info plotted by the condorview server would
only be correct in 2 situations:
1) flocking was turned on AND max_jobs_running was GREATER than
the total number of jobs submitted. E.g. max_jobs_running = 100,
50 jobs submitted works OK, max_jobs_running = 25, 50 jobs submitted
is NOT displayed OK (idle jobs displayed OK but NO running jobs
are displayed).
2) flocking was turned off, this works regardless of max_jobs_running
and the no. of submitted jobs. E.g. max_jobs_running = 200, submit
1000 jobs, idle and running jobs displayed OK.

Just reiterating that the UDP packet info going to the condorview
server looks OK in all situations.

Initial testing done with windows submit PC, linux CM, linux viewserver
all running 7.0.5 Upgrading to 7.2.1 produced the same results.
As mentioned in the previous email, remote submission via a SLES10
submit node also produced the same results.

It's almost as if the condorview collector is somehow not doing
the correct calculations when flocking is turned on and thus
getting UDP packets from all the central managers (forwarded on from the
schedd on the submit machine).

If anyone, particularly from the Condor Team, can shed any light
on this we would really appreciate it, and thanks to anyone that has
actually read this far! :)

Thanks.

Cheers

Greg