Re: [Condor-users] Quill: "globaljobid" of "jobs_horizontal_history"Table

> Is it possible to obtain this from the Quill?

I haven't worked with Quill 2.0, but I have worked with the original
implementation of Quill and yes: this is possible.

> What does the "globaljobid" attribute of "jobs_horizontal_history"
table represent?

GlobalJobID is an ID for a job that is unique across an entire Condor
pool. The standard <cluster>.<proc> notation we use to address jobs is
only unique to a single scheduler. Two schedulers in your system can
both have a 100.1 job in their queues and in their history tables. The
GlobalJobID adds additional information to the cluster and process
integers to create a string that is unique for this job across an entire
pool.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.