Re: [Condor-users] Looping in Condor job description scripts?

Hi Alan and David,

Thanks for the suggestions. David's suggestion works for our Condor cluster. However, how "recent" is recent enough for Alan's scripts? Our Condor is version 7.2.2. Could there be another way (more general) of forming these number strings that have equal length?

Thanks!

--- Wei

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Alan Woodland <alan.woodland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/4/9 David Brodbeck <brodbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Apr 8, 2009, at 4:23 PM, Wei Wang wrote:
>
>> Hi, dear Condor-users,
>>
>> Is it possible to do looping inside a Condor job description file?
>> Here is logic of describing what I want to do:

>> Arguments = $(parameter)
>> DO i = 1, N
>> parameter = i
>> queue
>> ENDDO
>>
>> So I can submit N jobs without the trouble of using Shell/Perl/
>> Python to generate N different files then use condor_submit N times.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> How about:

> Arguments = $(Process)
> Queue N
>
> $(Process) starts at 0 and increments as each job is queued.

Or with recent versions this trick works:

Arguments = $$([$(Process) + 100])

Would cause the arguments to start at 100 instead of 0.

Alan