[Condor-users] can jobs be executed while the condor submitter is turned off ?

Hi,
         I have read the manual and the some presentations carefully, found that during the execution of job, the schedd daemon should watch the progress of executing machine. And for the jobs in the queue, the schedd daemon will maintain the persistent queue, contact the available machines and match the job with executing machines.
        does that mean if I submit several jobs in the queue, the submitter should keep online and contact with the central manager and the executing machine?
        Is that possible after submitting the jobs, the submitter could be shut down, and the central manager takes the response for the whole jobs?  Or are there any other kinds of software could achieve this target?
 Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tao