Re: [Condor-users] Starter machine in owner state

Execute nodes start in the owner state and transition to other available states depending on your startd policy. A quick a dirty way to make them always available (Assuming IS_OWNER isn't set) is:

START = TRUE

Take a look at:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.3/3_5Policy_Configuration.html

Rob

Horvátth Szabolcs wrote:
Hi,

I'm setting up some linux machines in our windows pool and sometimes they report being in the owner state, even though a few minutes later becoming
claimed and doing the job.

I have the following settings in the config file and thought that they disable any kind of "ownership":
SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_CONSOLE = 0
SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_KEYBOARD = 0

(The same configuration works nicely on the windows machines.)

Cheers,
Szabolcs