Re: [Condor-users] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: can jobs be executed while the condor submitter isturned off ?

sorry I know nothing about grid related configuration, I would suggest sending a separate question on it.

I also urge you to look at the security implications of your schedd being on the collector/negotiator if you at all care about the security of the system.

From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tao.3.Chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 05 August 2009 16:00
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: can jobs be executed while the condor submitter isturned off ?

Hi Matt,
       Thank you very much for your suggestions, I am so appreciated them!
       Right now, I would prefer the second option, and after trying. I am using the central manager as the submitter server,  I could now submit jobs from one submitter, and the jobs are transferred automatically to the central manager, and then it submits the jobs to executor, after about 5 (or more) minutes I could get the result from the local machine(submitter), but anyway it works, and now maybe I will check more  details such as the file transfer, input and output , then maybe I will work on the 3rd option with more HMI you mentioned....Thanks again!
        And, one more question, when I setting the Grid Universe, there are to versions for setting, I found in the workshop presentation, it is said I only have to change the submit  file, then the whole Grid Universe works,  and it really works as I explained above.
       However, the condor manual said that I should set the config file as follows:
C_GAHP_LOG = /tmp/CGAHPLOG.$(USERNAME)
C_GAHP_WORKER_THREAD_LOG = /tmp/CGAHPWorkerLOG.$(USERNAME)
SEC_DEFAULT_NEGOTIATION = OPTIONAL
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = CLAIMTOBE
       But, after I did this , there is allows one error:
ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager
AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
     So do I have to set this kind of credential method ? I have already  use the run as owner option, and create the credential file.

Thank you!

Tao

Matt Hope <Matt.Hope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet von: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/05/2009 10:44 AM

Bitte antworten an
Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

An

"'Condor-Users Mail List'" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Kopie

Thema

Re: [Condor-users] Antwort: Re: can jobs be executed while the condor        submitter        isturned off ?

A simple solution is to install the schedd on a remote, stable server (you can use the same computer as the collector/negotiator but there are security considerations involved) and submit to that machine by one of the following options:

 1. shh/remote into this box, submit the job, remote back in to get the results
   Simple, effective, security issues involved, would involve transferring the required executable/submit files manually to the submit machine

 2. use the -remote submission argument but submit from your machine.
  Even simpler than 1 but does have some foibles and is ill suited to tasks where many jobs are part of a single submission since the input files and executable are duplicated for every job.
  You must use the condor_transfer_data command to retrieve the results.

 3. Write your own custom front end which runs on the scheduling server and deals with submitting the jobs and getting you back the data one the original machine is reconnected.
  Much more up front effort, gives you a platform configured for your needs though.

In all these cases your scheduling machine must have sufficient space available to it to handle all the data involved and it becomes a single point of failure unless you have several such machines. It also becomes a choke point, but this is likely to make a difference only if you have > 100 execute nodes and/or your data requirements for transfer in/out of the execute nodes on start/finish are high.