Re: [Condor-users] A suggestion for the manual.

Francesco.Prelz@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

a quick suggestion for the Condor manual.

It would help if Section 3.5.9.6 (Job Suspension) of the Condor manual (e.g.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.3/3_5Policy_Configuration.html#SECTION00459600000000000000 )
with the nice per-slot suspend/continue example explicitely mentioned that the various slotX_Attributes are available only if the STARTD_SLOT_ATTRS configuration attribute is set as per section 3.3.10
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.3/3_3Configuration.html#SECTION004310000000000000000), as things fail pyrotechnically with the startd exiting
when the latter attribute is not set.

I hope this saves some time to the next person who'd like to try.

Thanks, Francesco!

In response to your helpful prod, we spruced up the suspension slot example and added some features so that the policy works without modification for machines with any number of cores. That will be in the next development release.

Best wishes,
--Dan