[Condor-users] Grid with SMP hosts having limited custom hardware

Hi,

We are building a Condor-managed grid comprised of a number of eight-core servers. Some of these servers have a pair of custom hardware inputs that are utilized by some of the processing jobs. We'd like the Condor scheduler to be able to allocate jobs to slots in a way that doesn't oversubscribe the hardware inputs.

We've looked at some possible solutions but none seem to work:
  1. The ConcurrencyLimit capability appears to be a grid-wide limit, and not something enforced per-host
  2. We can't dedicate slots to the hardware inputs, since some jobs make use of both inputs (and would naturally only occupy one slot)
  3. The SMP-specific shared resource limits seem to only address memory and disk constraints
  4. The "START" _expression_ does not have access to job information from other slots on the same host

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks!

--
Eric Stadtherr