Re: [Condor-users] Placing long jobs on hold

> If I understand what you want, you can configure condor to do
> something
> similar with suspension slots:
> http://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToSuspendJobs
>
> Otherwise, you might be able to use COD, though cod jobs have some
> restrictions.

Close to, but not quite, what LSF does. Suspending a job like that in Condor doesn't free the slot where the suspend job lives. In LSF it frees the slot (technically it frees the resource since LSF does dynamic partitioning).

You can get complicated with the above stuff and do things like over-allocate slots on a machine to suspend stuff. But it can quickly get unweidly. And if you trying to do any sort of use tracking on your system the extra slots really add a whole lot complexity to machine use tracking.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.