De: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] En nombre de Dan Bradley
Enviado el: viernes, 18 de diciembre de 2009 12:21
Para: Condor-Users Mail List
Asunto: Re: [Condor-users] Condor as an alternative for Boinc for a game
Importancia: Baja

Erwin Ried wrote:

> Hi!
>

> I have been using and playing with a lot of vm scenaries with Condor
> for this last month, and I really need a little help in my learning.
>
> I want to serve a "Biological" online videogame that requires the
> processing of certains actions, for instance, scripts like:
>

> START GEN=1
> TIME 10S GEN++
>

> So in this simple example, the user should see how every 10 seconds a
> new gen is generated. (The example is not real, the simulations aren't
> that simple)
>
> The beauty of this system is that almost any user isn't processing his
> "game scenario" (gens, etc).
>

> Questions are:
>

> 1) I managed to get a condor install for windows in less than 11 MB (I
> think can be less than that), but I don't really understand why condor
> does not start jobs behind a NAT configuration. Can I redirect
> everything that condor needs by the port 80?

To run Condor execute daemons behind a NAT in windows, you can use CCB.
However, we just discovered a problem in CCB for windows, so you would
have to wait for version 7.4.1 to fix that.  It should be released very
soon.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_7Networking_includes.html#SECTIO
N00473000000000000000

--Dan