[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] New to Condor, Need to RUN MPI
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:25:48 -0500
- From: Samir Khanal <skhanal@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] New to Condor, Need to RUN MPI
Thanks for that hint.
That solved the problem and the slots are showing up, I guess it takes some time for everything to show up in the condor_status.
I have few more comments and want your suggestion.
- I am setting the frontend as the submit machine and want it to take part in computation.
What daemons should I turn on this frontend?
- I want the compute machines be able to run MPI jobs(not to submit jobs) what daemons should run here?
- Do you have a working example of condor_config.local that allows to run MPI jobs? Will you be able to share that with me (skhanal@xxxxxxxx)
- I want to execute a simple MPI program and see if the configurations are correct.
Thanks again for the tip
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Zachary Miller
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:03 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] New to Condor, Need to RUN MPI
> I looked up the CollectorLog and found the following entries. Those ips are of the computenodes
> 2/3 17:28:27 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <10.1.255.251:59011> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD), access level ADVERTISE_STARTD
this is the key problem.
you need to tell condor which IP addresses are allowed to do certain
operations. look in the condor_config file for the string "HOSTALLOW"
and set them to something like this:
HOSTALLOW_READ = 10.1.*
HOSTALLOW_WRITE = 10.1.*
HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = $(CONDOR_HOST)
this will allow machines in those networks to join your pool, run and/or submit
jobs depending on which daemons they are running.
it also makes it so only the central manager can issue administrative commands.
you may wish to make the central manager a different machine from your main
submit point if you do not trust users on the submit machine not to say, turn
i hope that helps!
Condor-users mailing list
To unsubscribe, send a message to condor-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxx with a
You can also unsubscribe by visiting
The archives can be found at: