Re: [Condor-users] Why is my central master commuicating with a Wisconsin IP?

Andreas Roussos wrote:
Hi Rob,

$ host condor.cs.wisc.edu
condor.cs.wisc.edu is an alias for astro.cs.wisc.edu.
astro.cs.wisc.edu has address 128.105.143.12

The connection you witnessed is most likely related to this:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/map/

(scroll to the bottom of the page for opt-out instructions)

Hope this helps! :)

Hi Rob,

Andreas is correct. In addition to what Andreas said (thanks Andreas!) I refer you to section 1.8 of the Condor Manual at
    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/1_8Privacy_Notice.html
Here in our privacy notice you can find out exactly what information is sent to Wisconsin, why we wish to collect this information, and how to easily and completely disable it if you don't agree w/ our reasoning.

regards,
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences