From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Chesal
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:56 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] FW: configuring policies to obtain first come,first serve queue

Do you control your submission interface? Do you have only one schedd in your pool?

If both of these things are true you can try putting all jobs in the same accounting group. That would have the effect of making everyone’s submissions to Condor get treated almost as if they always come from the same person. (That’s a gross simplification of what accounting groups do on part) For a single user’s jobs on one schedd Condor is going to consider clusters in the order they were submitted if all clusters have the same priority.

Accounting groups are explained here: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/3_4User_Priorities.html#18780

If you have multiple schedds I’m not entirely certain this would work. Condor, last I looked, schedules all jobs for one schedd daemon, then the next, then the next, then the next, etc. But that may have changed. Last I looked at this code was around the 6.8.x time frame.

- Ian