[Condor-users] Does condor allow java program to run Runtime.exec() method?

Hi,
 I am submitting a java program to vanilla universe that at one point executes a
shell script which in turn runs a C program. Now it always has to be the case
that my Java program runs this C program. The reason why I am using
shell script as the intermediate step is that I tried to use JNI for
this but condor could not execute the job.

I am using something like this:

Java file:
Runtime.exec("./myScript.sh");
// Do something to send data to a server

myScript.sh:
gcc test_C.c -o test_C
./test_C

But if I submit this program, my java file does not send data to the server which it is supposed to.
But if I comment out this script execution part, it sends data to the server. So my question is,
is it the case that condor does not allow any java job to run Runtime.exec() method?
Or is it something that I am missing. The condor version is:
$CondorVersion: 7.0.5 Sep 20 2008 BuildID: 105846 $
$CondorPlatform: X86_64-LINUX_RHEL3 $

Thanks in advance.

Tan

Tanzima Zerin Islam
Graduate Student
School of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Purdue University