Re: [Condor-users] schedd problem

Dan Bradley wrote:
Good. The schedd is successfully advertising itself in the collector. Does the negotiator log show that it is failing to connect to the schedd?

--Dan

That was somewhat the issue. My iptables were blocking the negotiator. I opened up the particular port on which it was trying to connect and I got a different error in the log. After looking at SchedLog on my machine, I found that HOSTALLOW_NEGOTIATOR_SCHEDD was too restrictive. They're talking to each other now. Jobs are not running now because my machine (on my organization's public network) is trying to use the private addresses of the compute machines. That's a different issue, so I consider this problem resolved. Thanks so much for your help, Dan!

Janzen